|Input Voltage||4.75V to 40V|
|Operating Temp Range||-40°C to +125°C|
|No. of Outputs||1|
|Storage Temperature Range||-65°C to +150°C|
|Moisture Sensitivity Level||1|
Features and Applications
The LM2575 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits ideally suited for easy and convenient design of a step−down switching regulator (buck converter). All circuits of this series are capable of driving a 1.0 A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5.0 V, 12 V, 15 V, and an adjustable output version.
These regulators were designed to minimize the number of external components to simplify the power supply design. Standard series of inductors optimized for use with the LM2575 are offered by several different inductor manufacturers. Since the LM2575 converter is a switch−mode power supply, its efficiency is significantly higher in comparison with popular three−terminal linear regulators, especially with higher input voltages. In many cases, the power dissipated by the LM2575 regulator is so low, that no heatsink is required or its size could be reduced dramatically.
The LM2575 features include a guaranteed ±4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and±10% on the oscillator frequency (±2% over 0°C to 125°C). External shutdown is included, featuring 80 µA typical standby current. The output switch includes cycle−by−cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.
- 3.3 V, 5.0 V, 12 V, 15 V, and Adjustable Output Versions
- Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range of 1.23 V to 37 V ±4% Maximum Over Line and Load conditions
- Guaranteed 1.0 A Output Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.75 V to 40 V
- Requires Only 4 External Components
- 52 kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
- TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby Mode
- High Efficiency
- Uses Readily Available Standard Inductors
- Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
- Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) Equals 1
- Pb−Free Packages are Available